ePacket is one of the shipping options offered on eBay, AliExpress, Wish and other online marketplaces. There, while placing an order, you may choose from several postal services, including this one. Delivery time for these parcels is almost always within 30 days. You can trace the status of the order once you get a tracking code.
- What is ePacket delivery from China?
- What are the requirements for ePacket shipping?
- Are there any restrictions for ePacket shipping?
- Who delivers ePacket?
- Where can I get an ePacket delivery?
- Does ePacket deliver to my door?
- Is ePacket delivery free?
- Can I track an ePacket?
- My ePacket is lost — what should I do?
- How long does it take to get an ePacket from China?
- My ePacket takes too long — what should I do?
- ePacket vs China Post Air Mail
- ePacket vs Aliexpress Standard Shipping
What is ePacket delivery from China?
ePacket delivery is a subsidiary of China EMS. It is suitable for light-weight packages (under 2 kg). The service was formed specifically for e-commerce purposes, namely for eBay merchants shipping from China to the USA. Many merchants select ePacket by default as it is an affordable and reliable way of delivery.
Some Chinese sellers also use another word for ePacket, which is EUB or e-Youbao (e邮宝). Alternative names for ePacket also include Suzhou EUB, SZ-EUB, FY-GZ EUB, HZ-EUB, ePacket-PT, and ePacket-YW.
What are the requirements for ePacket shipping?
The requirements are as follows:
- You can ship to the following countries: Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Hungary. Ireland, Indonesia (currently in a trial run), Israel, Italy, Japan, Kazakhstan (in a trial run), Korea, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Thailand (presently in a trial run), Turkey, Ukraine, United Kingdom, United States, Vietnam (in a trial run).
- A package must not exceed 2 kg in weight. The exception to this rule is Israel, where a parcel can be under 3 kg.
There are allowed dimensions for a parcel:
- The sum of the length, width and thickness cannot be greater than 90 cm, and the longest side of a package cannot be more than 60 cm.
- Flat mail pieces must be more than 14 cm long and 9 cm tall.
- The permissible dimensions for rolled-up packages are under 104 cm (in length and diameter), and the length must not exceed 90 cm.
- Small- and medium-sized packages may contain fillers — spare parts, accessories, tools and household appliances (please note that they must meet safety requirements).
- The value of the package must be less than $400.
- One can track an order using a tracking number (Shipment ID).
- Freight rate depends on the weight of a package. For instance, the minimum threshold is 50 g for the US, New Zealand, Russia and Japan, and 10 g for Ukraine.
Are there any restrictions for ePacket shipping?
Yes, there are some restrictions for this shipping option. According to Universal Postal Convention, items like aerosols, explosives, gasoline, poison, etc. are forbidden (unless shipped by licensed dealers).
Who delivers ePacket?
First, China Post EMS delivers a parcel to the Chinese border and then forwards it to the destination country. Upon arrival at the sorting center, the items are picked up by national postal services (e.g. USPS in US, Canada Post in Canada, etc.) and finally delivered to the post office that is closest to the customer.
Where can I get an ePacket delivery?
Once you get delivery confirmation, you can pick up your ePacket at a local post office or check your PO box. The package can also be delivered right to your door if your national postal service offers such mode of delivery.
Does ePacket deliver to my door?
ePacket only guarantees fast delivery to the customs of the destination country. From this point forward, the national postal service deals with the order. You can get your shipment delivered to your door if the local postal service allows this option.
Is ePacket delivery free?
Not really. Whenever you place an order and see free shipping option, that means the merchant has incorporated the delivery cost into the price of the item. On average, it is $1-3 for small-sized packages and $4-6 for oversized ones.
Can I track an ePacket?
ePacket delivery provides customers with the option of end-to-end tracking. You can check the delivery status on the China Post EMS official website, which is both in English and Chinese, or track it here on Postal Ninja.
As a rule, ePacket tracking number starts with LM, BZ, LX, LN, LZ, LW, LF, LK, KQ, LO or LL, followed with nine digits and CN, e.g.:
My ePacket is lost — what should I do?
A false tracking number may be the reason. While tracking your order, you may see a wrong location, which means it refers to another package. Get in touch with the merchant to get an actual tracking code.
If your ePacket goes missing completely, ask the merchant to report the lost package.
How long does it take to get an ePacket from China?
Delivery times vary by the destination country:
- Delivery time to the USA: 10-20 working days;
- To Russia, Saudi Arabia and Ukraine: 7-20 working days;
- To other countries: 7-30 working days.
It should be pointed out that holidays, bad weather and other factors may delay the shipment.
My ePacket takes too long — what should I do?
First off, contact the merchant to specify the details. It is necessary to extend package insurance and wait for the item to be delivered. In the worst-case scenario, that is if you call your packet a loss, you can ask for a refund. Marketplaces oblige merchants to issue a full refund of missing packages.
ePacket vs China Post Air Mail
ePacket is a fast and convenient shipping option. Most items get delivered safely within 2-3 weeks. In contrast, some packages shipped by China Post get delayed, get stuck at customs, arrive damaged or even get lost.
ePacket vs Aliexpress Standard Shipping
The apparent advantage of AliExpress Standard Shipping lies in customer security. In the course of the transaction, a merchant first passes an item to the AliExpress logistics department, where it gets a tracking code, and then a package is forwarded to courier services. In the case of standard delivery, the merchant bears all costs and estimated delivery time is 20-40 days. A customer can choose between paying extra (which ensures fast delivery) or having a package shipped for free but with a slight delay.
In short, here are the pros and cons of ePacket (in comparison to Aliexpress Standard Shipping):
|less risk of package loss||weight up to 2 kg|
|faster package processing||higher delivery cost|